The NBA G League is right back at it on Twitch for the weekend, with the first of three days in a row with a Twitch contest.
The Fort Wayne Mad Ants (affiliate of the Indiana Pacers) are set to host the Windy City Bulls (affiliate of the Chicago Bulls) in Friday’s Twitch matchup, at 7 PM ET. WATCH THE GAME HERE
To get you set for the contest, we give out three facts to know about each team’s top scorer.
Antonio Blakeney, Windy City Bulls
1. Blakeney played college basketball at LSU alongside current Philadelphia 76ers star Ben Simmons. The Bulls two-way guard averaged 14.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists in two seasons.
2. Blakeney is the top scorer in the NBA G League this season, averaging 34.9 points in 12 games with Windy City. He has three 40-plus point games in his 12 G League appearances this year.
3. Blakeney holds the Windy City record for the most points in a game (46), set on Dec. 6 in just three quarters of play during a 145-107 win over the Maine Red Claws.
Walt Lemon Jr., Fort Wayne Mad Ants
1. Lemon was named the NBA G League Player of the Month for November, after averaging 26.6 points
(on 50.6 percent shooting), 6.4 assists and 2.7 steals per game during the month.
2. Lemon is coming off one of his best games of the season, in Fort Wayne’s 118-117 victory over the Drive. Lemon dropped 30 points on 12-for-19 shooting (2-for-5 from deep), adding five assists, two rebounds and two steals.
3. Lemon played college hoops at Bradley, where he averaged 18 points as a senior. When he left, he ranked among Bradley’s all-time top-10 in points (7th), assists (10th) and steals (3rd).