The 2020-21 NBA season tips off on December 22. See below for some facts about NBA G League alumni on opening day NBA rosters.
– 224: A record 224 players with NBA G League experience are on 2020-21 NBA opening-night rosters. The previous record was 208 players in 2019-20.
– 45: A record 45% of players (224 of 497) on start-of-season NBA rosters, including those under NBA two-way contracts, have NBA G League experience. The previous record was 42% in 2019-20 (208 of 496).
– 30: Every NBA team has at least four players with NBA G League experience on their opening-night roster.
– 20: Twenty NBA teams have at least seven NBA G League veterans on their opening-night rosters.
– 11: The Toronto Raptors lead the NBA with 11 NBA G League players on their opening-night roster.
– 6: Six NBA teams feature head coaches with NBA G League coaching experience: the Indiana Pacers (Nate Bjorkgren) Memphis Grizzlies (Taylor Jenkins), Oklahoma City Thunder (Mark Daigneault), Sacramento Kings (Luke Walton), Toronto Raptors (Nick Nurse) and the Utah Jazz (Quin Snyder).